Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thank You Mike


Returned to Santa Rosa to meet with Mike (Ruthe’s cousin) for a hike. He grew up on a ranch on top of a mountain around Guerneville, CA, and spent his childhood roaming the ridges. We parked the car in Armstrong Woods State Park, a redwood forest, at the bottom of the gated road that leads to his parents’ house. This road is so steep that my Corolla can't climb it.



During the hike and for the rest of the day, that song by Dido kept running through my head: "Thank You For Giving Me The Best Day of My Life." Breathtaking beauty, excellent company, strenuous activity, perfect weather, and fun. It’s rare to make new friends, especially at my age, and even rarer to make a friend my son’s age. Yet Mike and I seem to connect on a deep level. He's become the main reason I continue to hang around Santa Rosa. 


No comments:

Post a Comment