Tuesday, July 7, 2009

$75 isn't much to pay for freedom

My trip with Isa is Kaput, as well as our friendship (I assume). Plus that bit of cash. We got as far as Port Angeles, WA, before turning back to Seattle. I feel grateful that we hadn't gone farther. I have a theory. Isa and I spent July 4 in the beautiful town of Port Townsend, WA, which is on the northern shore of the Olympic Peninsula. I became quite smitten with the town and liked the friendly people. Although it's a tourist town, it has a distinct non-touristy personality, and good balance vibes. I found myself thinking of relocating there. Or, locating, I should say. I was excited for many reasons, but mainly because I haven't had this reaction to any other place. So, my theory is that the purpose of my 3-year friendship with Isa was to lead me to Port Townsend. Once that happened, mission accomplished, and the friendship was over the next day.


I'm heading to Los Altos to house'n dog sit for my friends Ann and Rob while they go get hitched in Pennsylvania. July 10-19.

No comments:

Post a Comment