Monday, June 29, 2009

Was I Possessed?

While at Diane's, I applied for a nursing license for Washington state. Oregon required 940 hours of actual nursing work in the past two years, so that was out. But getting a WA license was like a drive-thru. Do you want cheese on that license? I can't remember the exact string of thoughts which preceded the string of steps, but I was on the internet for hours; hospice jobs in OR and WA, researching requirements, checking out the pay. Finally I decided to go to bed, looked out the window and noticed that it was getting light outside! I slept for a few hours, then got to it again: taking the required HIV/AIDS course for all WA healthcare providers ($42 online), filling out WA's license-verification request to the Kansas State Board of Nursing ($25) and filling out the application for WA ($90). When I got done, it was 4:00 am.

I walked to the post office, put the letters in the box and became aware of the odd feeling of having been possessed. What I'd done came about in a completely backwards way than I normally used to make these kinds of decisions, as if the action came first, and the decision followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment