Tuesday, October 20, 2009

and Happy Birthday to Me (and Tom Petty)




Above is the homemade card I received today from my sister Valerie and her family, Larry (husband), Julia and Holden (their children).



Unbelievably, I got yesterday and today off of work. And today being my birthday, I am thankful for many things, but especially that I have the day off. Lynn sneakily left one of those helium balloons, along with birthday cards, on my stairs this morning.
























































































That's the card Lynn got for me, along with some chocolate. Thanks, Lynn! In the picture above, I photoshopped the wrinkles out from under my eyes.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday my DEAR SWEET FRIEND!! It was a blessing to me to hear your voice on your WONDERFUL day of celebration!! I am so truly lucky that I took that Algebra class 23 years ago!

    I was thinking back the other day to all the births of my children you have attended......how you know all of their names and what is going on in their lives. BUT.....I found a picture of Ali and Sam the other day and it was them with Rosie. I was tickled when Jessica and Talia BOTH knew it was Rosie! HOW cool that they know so much about YOU!

    I am so incredibly happy for all the good things that are coming your way! If there is anyone I know who deserves some happiness and SECURITY in their life......it's you!

    So.........if you were standing/sitting here, I would raise a glass of wine with you, hug you tightly and say:

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

    Love you!!

    Drea

    ReplyDelete