Thursday, October 8, 2009

Seattle-d My New Job

My new job is with Providence Hospice of Seattle as a per diem admissions nurse. Providence Healthcare is a not-for-profit health system in five states: Alaska, Washington, Montana, Oregon and California.  From their website: "Providence continues the legacy of the Sisters of Providence and the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary in the West spanning more than 150 years. Providence Health & Services includes 26 hospitals, more than 35 non-acute facilities, physician clinics, a health plan, a liberal arts university, a high school, approximately 45,000 employees and numerous other health, housing and educational services. The system office is located in Seattle, Washington." 

There's a statue of Emilie Gamelin, the foundress of the Sisters of Providence in 1843, at the administrative offices in Renton, where I took my computer class.  

Here's me with my new ID badge and standing in front of the Providence sign at the entrance door of my office in downtown Seattle on Pontius Ave. 



McKesson!!   This is the computer documentation program that Providence uses. After 24 hours of class time, observing clinicians "in the field" using the program, and trying it myself, I can say with confidence: the best thing about McKesson is Melissa the instructor, as seen in the first photo.  Below is my classroom area, and that's me in my classroom area, with the "Alison" sign that Melissa made. Thanks to Melissa's fun approach to a daunting subject, our trial test was disguised in a "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" format, including the signature musical jingles, as we climbed toward a million. And guess what....we won! Thanks Melissa!






This is the Admissions area, where admissions nurses (like me) work. Each admission is so involved that only 2 are assigned per day.....that's a ten-hour day. 




This is my computer and phone. I'll be getting a GPS, mouse, hands-free set for the phone, and a luggage bag with wheels to haul all this stuff around.













This is the meditation room






This is where I park my car

























No comments:

Post a Comment